Old September 12th 03, 09:57 PM
Bob M

Default Riding a century

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:42:19 GMT, bgaudet0801
wrote:

"Bob M" wrote in message
news
How far do people generally ride before riding a century? I ask because

my
ride this Sunday is 100km, but I can also ride 100 miles. I'm thinking
of
riding the 100 miles instead of the 100km. My long rides have been 55
miles (last week), 50 miles (the week before), 45 miles (two weeks ago)
I only ride about 4 days a week, the other 3 days being about 20 miles a
day. Is this enough riding to ride 100 miles?

Cetaris paribus I wouldn't consider going from 55 miles to 100 miles too
much of a leap if you're comfortable at 55. [you're not completely
exhausted
and drained afterwards] But I'd still recommend you leave the day free
for
recuperation.

--
'Sell your sin
Just cash in' -Jewell

Thanks. I'm definitely thinking about the 100 miles, but it is (I found
out) another 2,400 feet of climbing. If it rains (which it's supposed to --
as of today, but this is New England, and the forecast changes hourly),
then I'll probably ride the 100km.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply