Old September 12th 03, 10:39 PM
Buck

Default Riding a century

"Bob M" wrote in message
news
How far do people generally ride before riding a century? I ask because

my
ride this Sunday is 100km, but I can also ride 100 miles. I'm thinking of
riding the 100 miles instead of the 100km. My long rides have been 55
miles (last week), 50 miles (the week before), 45 miles (two weeks ago)...
I only ride about 4 days a week, the other 3 days being about 20 miles a
day. Is this enough riding to ride 100 miles?

Bob,

My training regimen for my first almost double century (100 miles day one,
75 day two, mostly flat day one, rolling hills day two) was three months of
one fast 30 miler every weekend added to my normal daily commute. Keep in
mind that I had been commuting for several years by this point and was in
good shape overall. The point is that you can probably handle it if you are
in decent shape.

Good Luck,
Buck