Old September 12th 03, 10:50 PM
G. Huang

Default Riding a century

Bob M wrote:
How far do people generally ride before riding a century? I ask because
my ride this Sunday is 100km, but I can also ride 100 miles. I'm
thinking of riding the 100 miles instead of the 100km. My long rides
have been 55 miles (last week), 50 miles (the week before), 45 miles
(two weeks ago)... I only ride about 4 days a week, the other 3 days
being about 20 miles a day. Is this enough riding to ride 100 miles?

If you felt ok and no aching of any kind after those 50mi rides, then I
would think you probably can do 100mi. Any minor discomfort in a short
ride will amplify by an order of magnitude on a century ride. So make
sure the seat and handlebar are adjusted optimaly before the ride. And
try to go a little slower in the first half.