Old April 30th 08, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default Where'd everybody go?

"Danny Aldham" wrote in message

"MattB" wrote in message
I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
still here but it seems many have moved on.
Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

Greetings, I am new to the group, but have just been lurking for a few
days.
The group is Troll infested.
But I am just getting back into mountain biking now, as my youngest child
(age 11) is now at the age I
can take him across the easier North Vancouver trails. So I am looking for
community to talk
mountain biking with. What is Spokejunkies and MTBR? And are there still
mountain biking regulars here?

Danny Aldham

www.spokejunkies.com
www.mtbr.com

both are web based groups. SJ is more centrally located in Ohio, USA but
has recently expanded west as some members have moved.

MTBR is a multi-national website with a lot of different localized forums
such as
http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84 for western canucks.

Just add LIBERATOR to your plonk list along with Mike Vandeman & Ed Dolan or
any one that replies to them and you'll cut out 90-95% of the crap.

Hope this helps.
Gary (one of the middle aged regulars since 2000)