Old March 10th 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default More About Lights

On 11/03/17 00:05, Duane wrote:
On 10/03/2017 12:55 AM, James wrote:
On 09/03/17 00:35, Duane wrote:
On 07/03/2017 7:09 PM, James wrote:
snip
Now that you mention it...

I don't like putting sun screen on the top of my head because in the
heat and humidity I sweat a lot and it tends to run down into my eyes
and stings most painfully with sun screen mixed in.

So my foam hat has big ventilation holes that let the sun light through
to my scalp.

If I was allowed to ride without a foam hat I could keep the sun off my
scalp with a cloth cap, but that's not an option in this country.

If I develop a skin cancer on the top of my head, I shall seek to sue
the government, for their law makes adequate sun protection with
sufficient ventilation near on impossible.

When it's too hot to ride with my cycling cap under my helmet, I use one
of these:
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5046-050/Summer-Skullcap

Probably a better idea than skin cancer.

How hot does it get where you are?

Here in Quebec 32-34C. Not that bad as it isn't constant and not that
humid. In New Orleans where I'm from, ~38 - 40C is not unusual. And
always humid.

I imagine it's hotter where you are but some of these UPF materials work
pretty well. Light and cool. Not as spiffy as my cycling caps though.

Thanks. I might look in to it.

Cheers.

--
JS