Old February 27th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

Default who's the shortest person to avidly ride a coker?

nathan wrote:
You have to also include what crank length you're using. When my son was
4'11" he was very comfortable on a Coker, but that was with 125mm
cranks. With 152mm his hips wobbled - it was too tall to be comforable.
Here's the album of photos from his first ride to school:
http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1076794 - it almost looks like he
has 152mm in the photos though. That second shot is on a 16% descent.

Anyway, it's a large difference switching crank lengths!

Depending on your actual leg length, you need to be around 5 feet tall,
plus or minus an inch or two. You could always do what Sem did on this
73" cycle: add blocks to reach the pedals:
http://www.unicycling.org/btdt/unique.html

---Nathan

im jealous! first off that uni, its pretty. But, really you guys get to
go to school at 8 oclock wherever you are? I have to be up at 6

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

"Darwin was once of the greatest minds of our time!...Then why is he
making out with Satan?" ~The Simpsons

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down...this should be every boy's
dream!"~Bart Simpson
Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072