Old November 26th 08, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Malcolm

Default Accident report (Edinburgh)

J. Chisholm wrote:
Chris Malcolm wrote:
Bicycle hit broadside by car turning right out of side road. I bounced
off the bonnet and somehow ended up very quickly on my feet, not sure
how.

So has it been reported to the Police?

Clearly a case of driving without due care, and if it hasn't been
reported it won't get on the crash record (STATS19)
That means less pressure to remove obstructing parking (we haven't had
any reported crashes..)

I did ring the police, but they said that they had no interest in
accidents which did not involve injury to persons. If it was just
damage to vehicles and other property it was purely a civil matter.

On the other hand the driver said that he thought that particularly
annoying view-obstructing parker, who often parked there, had probably
caused a number of accidents.

Perhaps if both the driver and I complain, with benefit of the
photograph, and citing our accident?

--
Chris Malcolm