Old August 8th 18, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default Single Rear Gear with Double Chainring and shifters

Max Nosugar wrote:
I totally agree with you mate, thanks very much! I think it would all
depend on one's strength. I usually go uphill with a fixie coz I had no choice..lol

But I'm at a disadvantage during a race coz it eats alot of my energy
during the bike leg and will not have enough left to run. But I love my
set up so I'm sticking to it than a normal road bike. I just need to modify a few things.

So putting a front derailler is possible correct? So I can install double chainring.

I don't think that the combination of a fixie (non-freewheel rear hub) and
front derailleur will work. Once you put on the front derailleur, you'll
need something in the back to take up the chain slack, and as soon as
you've done that, really weird things will start happening when you stop
pedalling and the hub is trying to pull the pedals around.