Old June 16th 04, 12:48 AM
GLH1013

Default Provence this september

Thanks all for your comments and advice.

I called the tourist info center in New York and they told me that we can take
our bikes if we but them in bike bags. Thanks to telfordutd for explaining to
me that a 55 gallon drum bag which is disposable is good enough.
Thanks to Mike in California regarding train & reservation info.
The French tourist office told me that the train tickets cost much less if
bought in France vs. having them delivered in the USA.
Thanks to peyrega for his helpful info and than further follow-up to alieve my
concerns.
Thanks also to edhay from Canada who at 78 is still pedaling.
Also thanks to Jacques Moser who suggested the TER. I will be back to you soon
Jacque.
Thanks to all others that contributed.
Many of us plan to bike in France and would love to learn more.
Let us keep this thread alive with Provence postings.
I am excited for the trip and would like to hear any further suggestions.

Gary H