Old August 17th 11, 02:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Mandating bureaucrats to ride a bike?

This is an interesting story --because you must know what's going in the jungle. It claims the communist leaders have a fascination with "bigger is better" --Japan and Europe are not communist and still did the bullet train-- while selfish Americans hate the idea, but still believe in bigger is better. They dismiss and keep down the humble bike while embracing the SUV. Big mistake.

The Chinese, on the other hand, are throwing some people in jail, something that we need around here. Everywhere is the same: BUREAUCRATS LOVE BIG PROJECTS, but it doesn't mean we should dismiss them lightly.

Remember, THE REVOLUTION IS ABOUT SOLUTIONS!

China’s Bullet Train Fiasco: A Warning to America

Well, the Chinese finally have a green-energy idea worth stealing: arrest government officials who foist overpriced, underperforming, debt-ballooning, money-losing projects on taxpayers.

Earlier this year, Liu Zhijun, Minister of Railways in the People’s Republic of China, was arrested following investigations into cost overruns and poor performance of the ministry’s showcase bullet trains. To be fair, the arrests were made when the investigations uncovered potential corruption in addition to the mismanagement. But the corruption problems likely would have gone unnoticed had the bullet train program not become such a boondoggle. (The railway debt alone is about 5 percent of China’s GDP.)

According to Charles Lane of The Washington Post, the bullet-train fiasco was not stopped earlier because “Liu exploited the communist leadership’s fascination with bigness and national prestige.”

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/04/27/...ng-to-america/

***

This is my wisdom of the day before I ride my beach cruiser on winding, grinding sidewalks. I suggest that ALL BUREAUCRATS should be mandated to ride a bike to work once a month at least.