Old September 6th 03, 02:00 PM
hippy

Default Raceline Bikes

"Suzy Jackson" wrote in message
news:cni6b.85554$bo1.2528@news-
You shoulda been at Heffron Park this afternoon. There were about eight
well worn Colnagos there, three of which (including my own) sporting Mapei
paint jobs, no less.

Okay, it didn't take long.. I knew I was gonna get rolled with this :-)
How many other bikes were there racing?

Maybe I don't hang around as many cafes as you, but I see plenty of

Colnagos

I pass quite a lot doing a 100k loop that includes Beach Rd. and bits of St.
Kilda.
I don't frequent them if I can help it though.

I have no qualms about riding around on a bike that cost six or seven

grand.
Plenty of people own cars that cost more than that, and my bike _is_ my

car.

I'm a scrooge.. paying that much for a bike that will be ridden into the
ground
would be crazy for me. Obviously other people don't share that opinion.
I get what you are saying comparing bike with car, but my bike is already
worth more than my car! Come to think of it, I have three bikes that are
worth as much as my car!
I really need to sell my car.. but it's those couple of trips a month that
make
owning it really handy. But all that garage space... Doh!

Regards,
Suzy (whos Colnago carried her to 2nd place in this afternoons D grade

crit)

Nice work! Treat that Colnago to a cafe latte ;-)

hippy