Old June 23rd 18, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Are these yellow bikes the Google corporate freebie?

On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 3:28:07 AM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2018 6:03 PM, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2018 5:28 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/21/2018 7:29 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Never mind the article -- everyone who knows anything worth knowing
already knows that a Hauwei phone in your pocket is a Chinese Commie
Spy in your pocket. Instead, check out the yellow mixte frames on the
bikes coming out of Google Copyright Thieving* HQ:

snip

Corporate Bicycles: http://oi66.tinypic.com/of84ch.jpg

The Google bikes are not Mixte. The Apple bikes are Mixte. They Apple
bikes are made by Public Bikes in San Francisco.

Thanks. I see it now that you've provided a clear photograph without someone's legs in the way.

The Apple bike is lot more butch than the Google one. I wonder if it an indicative difference...

Do I take it that you consider as a mixte only a bike with bifurcated rails running straight from the head tube to the rear dropout? I'd be tempted to agree with you, though I'd cut Google a tiny amount of slack in the light of Paramount mendaciously describing their ladies parallelogram frame as a mixte. I dealt with this lie at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.bicycles.tech/paramount$20mixte|sort:date/rec.bicycles.tech/LqY0UpZTIP0/KW_fz6H3sbQJ

Declaration of interest, for the mouthfoamers: My everyday bike has bifurcated rails in profile straight from the headset to the rear axle-carrier attachment points (a proper Rohloff installation doesn't actually carry the hub axle in the frame but in a frame-hung plate that slides in a channel as a chain tightening device -- only conversions of derailleur bikes require a chain tensioning device and a torque reaction arm, both being built into the sliding plate); it's technically a crossframe. In any event, if I'm right about Scharfie's intention, the fact that the bifurcated diagonal rails on my Kranich are twice laterally bent, once to allow space for your knees, and once to get around the design imperative of 60mm balloons with mudguard space, in each case with their crossbraces forming stiffening triangles, will remove it from the Scharf Classification of Mixte Bicycles*.

Andre Jute
*And if that capitalized elevation to authority status of the hated Scharf doesn't give some resident clowns apoplexy, I'll try again another day