Old July 7th 18, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Safety inflation

On Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 2:18:43 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 08:41:24 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

And according to a supporter, the Garmin radar is "totally useless
in the city."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Bv6t57LKg7I
-- but at least he would have had something to look at while getting
mowed down.

(...) I'm going to get one so my estate can sue, assuming the
camera is not destroyed in the massive rear-end collision I've
been avoiding for the last 50 years.
-- Jay Beattie.

Perhaps, a helmet camera like this:
https://www.studiobinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/How-to-make-the-best-GoPro-videos-for-your-Brand-GoPro-Accessories.jpg
Or, maybe a bicycle helmet with both front and rear facing cameras:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184889044/cyclevision-edge-worlds-first-dual-camera-cycling
Or, maybe all 360 degrees:
https://newatlas.com/360fly-interactive-panoramic-video/31085/

My son and I were returning home from a ride today and encountered an older guy on a belt drive bike with all sorts of gizmos and two cameras on his helmet -- forward and rearward facing. The rear facing camera was looking right at me, which is oddly intrusive. I'm hoping to be selected for his just-riding-along highlight reel. If we had passed with too closely, I'm sure the video would have been posted to some bicycle-shaming website.

-- Jay Beattie.