Old October 4th 03, 09:13 PM
Buck

Default Pedestrians

"Badger South" wrote in message

Point taken; and I do realize this. I'd have thought the post
would have provoked light-hearted replies or tales of similar
ilk, but you guys are just too durn sensible and level-headed.

I kinda expected a biking group to be on the side of the
bikers. I guess it comes from long experience and the
inevitability of the issue.

By your posting history and general attitude, it is obvious you haven't been
around this newsgroup for very long. You will find help on just about any
cycling issue, but the actions you describe are the kind that drive a deeper
wedge between us as cycling advocates and the general public.

Now, if you were in a bike lane or on a public street, or perhaps if you
were riding responsibly on a multi-use path, you might have had a more
sympathetic reaction. But the way you described it just made you look
irresponsible in your actions. You did say that you were "in full pedal for
the opening." If you said you were full onto the brakes when the dog ran
across the path, then the reaction would have been more to your liking. But
what you described is something that reflects poorly on all of us. That's
why the response wasn't positive.

-Buck