Old August 28th 08, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

Default Ribble Valley Juniors

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:02:51 +0100, Colin McKenzie
wrote:

vernon wrote:
With the prominence of the efforts of the British Cycling Team's
efforts on the track and road, I doubt that many youngsters will
regard the wearing of a helmet as an unusual activity. I insist that
kids wear helmets for Go Ride activities and they kids do come into
contact with each other and the ground when they go outside of their
skills envelope or, heaven forbid, when they choose to do their own
versions of balance exercises or close proximity riding.

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that compulsion is ever the right approach
with cycle helmets.

forget about compulsion for a minute:

Can you answer the question I have just asked in this same thread re
advice to a junior please.

--
you can either promote cycling or promote helmets,the two are
incompatible. (Guy Chapman)