Old September 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

Default Merlin Extralight 1999 Feeler

"icdb" wrote in message

Err - they what do you gain from changing bikes?

They gain a new customer! As in, stimulating the economy without even
supporting blood for oil...

What do I gain? Please review the whole thread, where I've detailed
some points of my motivation.

Look, I read what you wrote. What's more I have 8 bikes down in my garage
and parts to build another two or so.

But lately I've been riding three of the eight and realizing that the old
practice of having one good riding bike to keep forever and perhaps a rainy
day bike is not a bad idea.

I'm just attempting to remind you that changing a bike for no apparent
reason could leave you worse off and not better. Though for me I've learned
enough on each transaction to be able to eventually move up and not down.