Old September 13th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
bfd

Default Merlin Extralight 1999 Feeler

On Sep 13, 2:19*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
I'm just attempting to remind you that changing a bike for no apparent
reason could leave you worse off and not better. Though for me I've learned
enough on each transaction to be able to eventually move up and not down

I agree with others that for your ROAD bike, you should keep your XL.
If you want a singlespeed/hub gear bike, I can think of alot of frames
better than a Seven. Don't get me wrong, for a ti ROAD bike, they
make an excellent product. However, I'm not sure about their other
offerings. Further, their ***"infinitely tuneable" to customer's
request*** stick is nothing more than marketing garble. Don't forget,
Seven is run by a bunch of MBAs who want you to believe they can do it
all. However, in reality, I've seen at least a 1/2 dozen or so Sevens
on the market and know people who buy used ones at ridiculously cheap
prices because the bike never lived up to its reputation.....Good Luck!