Old August 2nd 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Cimperman

Default EU bikes all over the city

On 8/2/2018 3:15 PM, wrote:
Now a newspaper article [1] has arrived. It isn't a communal venture like I theorized above but a commercial one, a duplicate of a business model that "has worked in China".

The company is called Green Economy. How they will earn any money dumping 1000 bikes and then charge 5 SEK for 30 minutes is beyond me, maybe the smartphone app comes with a fee or ads.

The article also says they are not worried people will steal the bikes because of their particular look. And low quality, one might add.

[1]
http://www.unt.se/nyheter/uppsala/ny...r-5040854.aspx

This website made the rounds some weeks back...
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...cycles/556268/

I am doubtful that bike sharing will still be a thing in 10 years.