Old August 22nd 18, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default EU bikes all over the city

On 22/08/18 00:19, wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 10:34:21 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I am doubtful that bike sharing will still be a thing in 10 years.

It is much better for people who see the benefit of a bike gets one, a quality bike, and then cares for it. But I suppose it is positive that the Chinese are once again a bike riding country if that is what is happening.

There seems to be the problem that it is cheaper to get a new bike than to maintain the old ones.

We(most of us) live in a "disposable world'. It is inevitable that
bicycles would go the same way.

OTOH, it is nothing new as there has always(long period ofg my life)
been a range/variety/style of bicycle that was always "disposable, aka
Kmart/Walmart/???