Old September 22nd 20, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default eBike News

On 9/21/2020 2:26 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:

Two weeks ago I was in the mountains climbing. Before I left I weighed bike and myself, both in riding condition. There is a 10 km climb with an almost constant grade; about 7%.:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oTwizyDjQ59vMX2p9
I resetted my Garmin at the bottom of the climb. At the top I looked at the average power I managed and I calculated my climbing time within 30 seconds accuracy from the average power and weight.

I assume your calculations were done the simplest way, ignoring any aero
drag, right? Aero drag would be minimal at normal climbing speeds for a
7% grade.

--
- Frank Krygowski