Old August 9th 04, 10:10 AM
Terry Collins

Default Back Pain On Road Bike

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Billy wrote:

Hello group, I have been riding a Mountain bike for about 3 years now.

I decided that I want to get a raod bike so I borrowed my mates for about 3
weeks now.
Its the right size for me.
But I find it very uncomfortable, and I get a sore back, where on the
mountain bike I did not get any back pain.

Is this normal, and will I get used to it ?

I am not sure if I should go and buy a road bike if I will always get back
pain, but like anything, maybe this is normal, and I will get used to it.
Am I right ?

Thanks for any feedback.
Bill

Lower back pain often comes from too much lateral movement in the
sacrum. Or, your hips might be rocking from side to side as you pedal.

2c. Is your seat just a tad too high?
Assuming you are not riding technical with lowered seat, but general
riding/commuting.