Old April 13th 04, 01:51 AM
mojo deluxe

Default Looking for "Chain-slap" solution...

"Dan Volker" wrote in message
. ..

"mojo deluxe" wrote in message
. ..

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Dan V says:

What I'd like to know, is why I should be takig the word of a bunch

of
NG
posters on ss bike exploits, over many years of what I have seen.

I thought you'd only been mountain biking for a few months. Or did I

miss
something here?

Was that chain slap issue ever resolved?

Yes, thanks. I got one of the tensioners used for downhill

bikes...Although,
I found later that the mechanic who assembled my bike and did the tuning

had
done a terrible job of it, and this was most likely the real cause of the
slapping.

I sometimes get a little chain slap, but only when I go over something
really rough with the HT.