View Single Post
Old January 11th 14, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Oh I do so love it when you shoot yourself so spectacularly in the foot because, clearly, you can't be bothered to read the whole report;

Most Popular Outdoor Activities by Participation Rate

1. Running, Jogging and trail Running

19% of Americans Ages 6+, 53.2 million participants
2. Freshwater, Sal****er and Fly Fishing
16% of Americans Ages 6+, 46.0 million participants
3. Road Biking, Mountain Biking and BMX
15% of Americans Ages 6+, 42.3 million participants
4. Car, Backyard and RV camping
13% of Americans Ages 6+ 38.0 million participants
5. Hiking
12% of Americans Ages 6+, 34.5 million participants

I seem to recall that you're not too keen on people running on trails either ? :-). Only your reverential attitude to nature should be permitted on trails is, I believe, your position ?

Most resorts now have trails near by for sports enthusiasts and physical fitness nuts. That accounts for that particular statistic. Running or jogging on a trail far removed from a resort is something that only an idiot would do. Most running occurs on city streets.

And, if I could draw your attention to the first time participants table, on Page 14 of the report, hiking comes near the bottom there. People are taking up other outdoor activities.

Regarding the biking category, BMX and road biking should not be part of that. Mountain biking is a very small part of it. You do not know how to read a statistic because you do not know how to make a commonsense analysis. Also the age category 6+ is way too young. What kids do or don’t do doesn’t count as far as I am concerned. The proper age should have been about 14+.

Your comments about email are meaningless because there is currently a shift to commenting and chat apps ... just as Usenet was itself superceded by forums.

These emails will have links to reports mostly from newspapers or magazines. I don’t need to read them because I already know what they will say. But you badly need the education, so I do advise you to read the links. I think a forum and a newsgroup are one and the same thing, except most forums will have moderators in order to keep Great Ones like Myself from speaking the truth.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home