Old April 27th 14, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Woman who struck cyclists, killing one, now suing them for stressshe's suffered

On 4/26/2014 11:20 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 09:18:58 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per John B.:
Well, why not? After all, someone buys buy a cup of hot coffee and
proceeds to spill it in their lap then they sue the coffee seller.

Watch the movie "Hot Coffee". The complexity of the situation goes
way, way, way beyond the sound bytes you hear on the news media.

I read what was said to be the trial record and it stated that the
woman bought a cup of hot coffee and then spilled it in her lap.

Unlike attorneys we just don't see the nuance.

A police officer blew a .40+ hole in his left hand as he was
leaving his surveillance helicopter, moving his weapon from
the flight vest to his regular holster. Some would see this
as negligence on S&W's part. As I mentioned I'm not an
attorney so I wondered why one needs a pistol in a
helicopter. Mysteries abound.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...iel-dominguez/

--
Andrew Muzi