Old February 17th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

Default Today's ride

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Chris Smith" wrote in message

Did your water bottle(s) freeze on the way home? Mine did coming back
from my Sister's place in Cromer. Brrrrr.

Chris

Yes, it was a tad chilled!

I did the Mini North-West Passage 120km Audax yesterday. Frost was in
evidence for most of the ride and I had to de-ice my windscreen to drive
back from Rochdale. I spooked some of the riders by signing on in shorts
and removing my tracksuit bottoms before entering the pub to sign off. Some
genuinely thought that I'd done the ride in shorts :-)

The Mini North-West Passage is described by some as the North-West Passage
with the lumps taken out. As usual I was lanterne rouge this time, /very/
lanterne rouge with the 200km riders catching up with me with 25km to go.

It was the coldest of the three Mini-North-Wests that I've ridden. Quite a
contrast with the beginning of the week when I rode a couple of DIY Audaxes
in shorts.