Old October 28th 04, 05:52 PM
Warren

"remove the polite word to reply" wrote in
message om...
One trick I use in my low budget, low talent pursuit of pro-looking
cadences is to do four pedal revolutions per breath cycle, or some
variant of that.

If you want to look like a pro then why do you do something they don't do?

You can adjust it to your particular ability/style.

If you shift up too much, and adopt a cadence that is too low, you
won't be able to complete
the four revolutions before you have to take a breath again, because
each rev will be too hard, and therefore, too slow.

This is dumb and does not determine the most efficient cadence to be used at
any given time.

This way you can force yourself to keep a high cadence.

You should not force your breathing to do anything other than what your
cardiovascular system needs at that time.

If you can't manage to do a simple thing like maintain cadence then buy a
cheap cadence sensor and stare at that for awhile.

-WG