Old February 3rd 10, 08:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jim A

Default Day 6?

wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:44 pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html
Mercifully, no.

They're semi-recumbent bikes. I'm intrigued with the position of the
seat. Although, iIt does seem like they're hesitant to give in fully
to THE POWER OF THE RECUMBENT!
Are there similar bikes out there?

Some of the RANS crank forward designs are maybe similar, but somehow I
think it would be insulting RANS to say that. Also check outhttp://www.waltersnextgenerationbicycles.com

The recumbents which are maybe least recumbent I've found are Maxaryahttp://maxarya.com/phpcode/index.phpand the HP Velotechnik Spirithttp://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/spirit/index_e.html

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

Jim,

Thanks for the links. I'm really impressed with Maxara. I especially
like the Ray - 1x [http://maxarya.com/phpcode/ray1-x.php].

Cullen
p.s. Do you think recumbent cyclists are *automatically* part of the
slow bicycle movement?

Going uphill, I should think so, yes. :-)

I have never yet ridden a recumbent myself though. If the Maxarya were
readily available here in the UK I'd be saving up for one now. I had an
SRAM dual-drive on my Moulton & loved it so the ray 1x is the one I'd go
for too.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride