Old February 4th 10, 08:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jim A

Default Day 6?

Mike Causer wrote:
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:58:00 +0000
Jim A wrote:

wrote:

p.s. Do you think recumbent cyclists are *automatically* part of the
slow bicycle movement?

Going uphill, I should think so, yes. :-)

Funny though, my uphill speed on the recumbent is exactly the same as
on my lightest Moulton. Downhill speed is a LOT better of course.

I have never yet ridden a recumbent myself though.

If you're in East Anglia I can fix that for you.

That's very kind Mike, but I'm in Wiltshire. I'll try & visit Bikefix
sometime to try the Spirit. I hope to meet you one day though.

If you've got an NS
Moulton please bring it because I've never ridden one, just my AM7,
Mk1 Speed and Mk1 Stowaway.

The Moulton I had was a Pashley APB T21. I sold it to get some money to
put towards my current bicycle - a Pashley Paramount. I'm a bit of a
sucker for non-standard frames. I'm currently contemplating buying a
folder, as I think getting the Paramount on & off a car-top rack could
be tricky (I should've kept the seperable APB I suppose). Thankfully
Avon Valley Cyclery are just down the road so should be able to sort me
out with something suitable.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride