View Single Post
Old August 9th 13, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade
external usenet poster

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

Riding your bicycle on a hiking trail is an ultimate evil.

I’ll let Stalin, Pol Pot, Ceaucescu, Amin, Mugabe and co know :-). What a silly overdramatisation.

You disturbed the tranquility of hikers. You destroy the trail
path for walking. And you **** things up wherever you go.

You control your own mind ... or choose not to. Your tranquillity is a state of mind and you can easily ignore mountainbikers on trails if you wish to do so.

The trail, as the science shows, is similarly impacted by bikes or feet.

The laws will have to be changed because of scofflaws like
you.

Now you’ve really lost it. You want to CHANGE the laws so that what I’m doing now, perfectly legally, becomes illegal so that, then, you can call me a scofflaw ? Fantastic logic there Ed.

Face it, you don't have anything; you simply don't like
mountainbikes on trails, it's that simple. You have nothing to back that
up as a logical conclusion ... it's just your personal prejudice.

You have just described yourself and your ilk perfectly. Keep
up the good work!

No, Ed, I simply quoted your own words back at you ... “The fact is that I just plain don’t like mountain bikers doing their thing on hiking trails.” You’ve not come up with anything beyond that and, as I said, your wishes are not the sole arbiter of what should happen.

You have entered an arena where you are not wanted. You are
doing something new under the sun. And you can’t come up with any good reasons
for doing any of it other than a childish pleasure in destroying something
sacred (what’s the matter – can’t walk?). You have incurred the hatred of hikers
and you will reap the whirlwind.

Ed, I’ve provided loads of good reasons why; I listed them earlier in this thread so I’m not going to repeat them yet again. I know you don’t accept them but I think they’re valid and I leave it to the netizens to decide for themselves.

Every use was, once, new. Recreational hiking was a new use of trails originally created for transport and trade. Things move on ... perhaps you should too. Nothing is being destroyed and there is no need for hatred.

Leave if you want. There are plenty of other idiots to take
your place. In the meantime, Mr. Vandeman and I will continue to work quietly
behind the scenes to get the present disgusting and immoral situation changed
back to the way it was in the good old days.

I shall; we’re going around in circles here. You won’t see what you don’t want to see. You saw the report I added to the thread; the ‘problems’ that you are perceiving are not real ... they’re perceptual and will disappear when you change your mind. Unfortunately, for your own serenity, I don’t think you can do that.

But, I and others will stand absolutely firm about our right to use a public resource and not to be denied it just because it happens to not suit a small number of reactionaries who won’t even consider compromise.

I'm pretty sure that, whilst you ally yourself with Vandeman, you will continue to be spectacularly unsuccessful in any attempt to create further restrictions.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home