Old March 23rd 09, 01:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default I get 3 miles per banana, do you?

This is where my data comes from...

(Specialized catalog)

"100 calories can power a cyclist for three miles; 100 calories can
power a car 280 feet"

And since a banana has roughly 100 calories, then you can go 3 miles
per banana.

But if you drive a car to the supermarket, then you can only run 1
block...

So after making sure all my numbers are correct, I'm off to work on my
next t-shirt...

"I get 3 miles per banana, do you?"

NOTE: This efficiency ratio (30:1) demonstrates that all those wasted
calories go to feed some hungry predators, or corporations wich
capitalize on your lazyness, fear factor and, perhaps, poor arithmetic
skills. For example, when I went to the supermarket this morning I did
two miles or roughly 2/3 of a banana.

We can further rationalize that the banana went to feed some hungry
farmer in Central America, and not some Arab sheik. Of course, a
hungry farmer often ends up coming to America. Think about it.

A jungle perspective on nonviolence: a violent struggle by the weak
against the predator needs secrecy, nonviolent struggle though has
been used by the monkeys for ages: MAKING NOISE.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution