Old January 17th 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles
Prisoner at War

Default My 'Bent Is Starting to Annoy Me

wrote:

Gremlins. You've got gremlins on your ****.

Something about bents attracts them. Good luck.

I seriously wonder. Sometimes I wonder if 'bents aren't made as
carefully...even though, with such low sales volume, each one is
practically custom-built!

I swear, I still have the fifteen year-old Diamondback cheapie $200 MTB
I bought, the one where I had two major accidents and a few minor ones
(major ones including flying over my handlebars and a destroyed front
wheel) and the **** rides fine. ****ing $3,500 SMGTe hits a ****ing
car (that's what'd had happened, hidden driveway on an uphill!) and the
car is fine but the big chainring is bent!

Just a little, but enough to impair operations. Continued cycling is
what caused the chain itself to break and a thingamajig spring in the
back to go boing! and hors de combat.