Old May 11th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Default RBM: Strange bike sighting of the month

Tom Sherman wrote:
wrote:

Interesting variation on the theme, though I'm not sure I see how it's
better than a trailer, or even panniers in some instances.

The cyclist can keep an eye on the little brat(s).

That is one of the pluses. Additionally trailers suck in constrained
areas (bollards at trail entrances, splitting lanes, etc.). Personally
I don't care for the handling on the bakfiets, I'll take the Xtracycle
any day of the week instead.

And it must be murder getting it up hills. But interesting anyway.

Hills in the Netherlands?

Yeah, I'm not so sanguine about sales in the Seattle area. The one I've
ridden had a Stokemonkey, which of course made a huge difference. But
by then you're starting to talk real money.

Clevercycles in Portland sells them (quite a few evidently), but then
Portland has large flat areas.

--
Dane Buson -

"sic transit gloria:Gloria threw up on the bus."