Old January 3rd 11, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default When did tires get so expensive?

On Jan 3, 11:45*am, AMuzi wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
?"SMS" *wrote in et....

##

I was out on a ride today with the spousal unit and two child units, and
daughter-unit blew a tire. I did a temporary fix with two (2) dollar
bills and proceeded to a nearby Performance Bike Shop. Got her a Ritchey
Tom Slick 26" x 1.4" which was $18 (less an 11% off promotion they were
having, so it was about $16). It's been a while since I bought a tire on
the spur of the moment, and was kind of surprised that the prices are so
high. On the Performance web site they have the Panaracer Urban Max for
$20, but while the picture shows 26" x 1.75" the drop down menu shows
26" x 1.25".

##

If you think 16 bucks for a quality, proven, name-brand tire is
expensive, then hold on tight once Cap 'n Tax and other Nanny State
over-stepping regulations (that couldn't pass legislatively, even last
four years) take hold. *Once gas hits $5 or more, /everything's/ going
through the roof. (Gee, who will THAT hurt the worst?)

BS (not)

Meanwhile over at the Obama administration's Big Lie
Department, Stalin and Goebbels insist there is no inflation.

Bad hyperbole doesn't suit you.