Old October 4th 03, 02:45 AM
MTBScottie

Default "Giant" dissapointment

Subject: "Giant" dissapointment
From: Super Slinky
Date: 10/3/2003 10:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Westie said...

For most people 'value' has to fit into the equation somewhere, doesn't it?
If your comparison was applied to cars, people would have limited

experience
unless they have driven a Ferrari.
But not everyone can afford a Ferrari or find one they're allowed to test
drive.
Surely there's some merit in a cookie-cutter?

But the price difference between the nicer mass produced bikes and
building up a boutique frame isn't that great. All of the Giant VT line
lists for more than $2000 with the VT 1 being $3000 or more.

Thanks for stating that, because that's what I'm really dissapointed with.
Like I said, the Kona Dawgmatic, Kona Coiler, Kikapu Deluxe and Dawg are all
under $2000 and just as well if not better spec'd then the Giant VT's