Old September 6th 05, 05:50 PM
Kenneth

Default A crooked bottom bracket?

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:46:38 -0400, "Bob M"
wrote:

What could cause chainring wobble? The crankset and bottom bracket are
both new. Could the bottom bracket be crooked relative to the downtube?

Howdy,

Let's assume for the moment that the bottom bracket is not
properly aligned with the frame but that the BB axle is
straight...

Unless I'm missing something, the chain rings would still
not wobble.

If the BB axle were bent, well then you would have the rings
wobble.

If you are convinced that the crank is not bent, I would
suggest removing the BB axle and rolling it on a smooth
surface. If it wobbles, that is your problem.

All the best,
--
Kenneth