Old November 13th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default 2011 Trek 7.6 FX Price check

On Nov 12, 1:24*pm, brivy wrote:
Hello all, I am new to bikes. *My neighbor has a pearl white 2011 Trek
7.6 FX, that he just bought 1 month ago. * He does not want it
anymore. * The bike looks new, and he has some new pedals that your
shoe has to clip in, they are shimano pd m540 pedals. *He also has a
pair of new shoes (my size) that clip into the pedals and he will
throw in a new helmet. *He bought the bike, lost interest and now
wants to sell it. *He said he paid 1200 for the bike and another 200
for the bedals, shoes and helmet. *He said I can have it all for 700
dollars, is that a good deal? * I appreciate it in advance.

Bj

It's a perfectly fine deal, if it fits right. A lot of folks seem to
have a beef with flat bar road bikes, but I like them. Mtb controls
are right where you need them, and if you crash and damage a shifter
or lever, cheap to replace.

That said, for $700 you can get a new hybrid that's less racy, a
little heavier, and capable of taking wider tires, fenders, and even
racks front and rear.

I'd ride the Trek and something new at the bike shop and see what
catches your fancy.