Old April 24th 18, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default old combination spanner

Emanuel Berg wrote:
avid Scheidt wrote:

: I was recently looking at real wrenches
: recently, and 12 point combination wrenches
: are much cheaper than 6 points. That's from
: real made in the USA brands. I don't know if
: that's demand, or a result of
: production costs.

:Is there a reason you want 6 points? I have too

Six point wrenches are less likely to round off fastener heads, and
are more tolerant of slight buggered heads. They're my preference in
situations where clearance isn't an issue, and where torque is high.
For lower torque use, I use ratchecting combination spanners, which
are all 12 point.

Were I restricted to just one set, they would probably be 12 points.
But who has only once set of wrenches?

--
sig 49