Old August 9th 18, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Stolen Bike

On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 09:04:45 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/08/18 21:38, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:17:51 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 08/08/18 20:43, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 19:20:56 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

It is a special case when stationary.
Why are you making so much fuss about the "correct use of a horn"?
OCD is a DISORDER. Get it fixed.

Why do you make so much fuss about "correct use of a indicators"? OCD
is a DISORDER. Get it fixed.

Perhaps you mean something like this? It is is harder seen from a
driver's perspective than from a high mounted camera. No need.
Adjust speed according to what can be seen.
https://goo.gl/maps/9MSMX69BxzM2 https://goo.gl/maps/R48YMSxzjQk
Incidentally, the bridge has a 2t mgw limit so several drivers
shown here are breaking the rules - plus many others plus a council
official with a Range Rover that knows full well.
WTF are you on about? I can clearly see what's coming the other way,
that is not a blind bridge whatsoever. Unless it's because the
camera is higher up than most drivers.

Cast your eyes up a few lines...

Try waffling less. So what was your point? I never hoot at those. I
just slow down.

I said above "It is is harder seen from a driver's perspective than from
a high mounted camera" and "no need" [to hoot].

Then you pondered about the height of the camera. Don't complain about
waffle when you can't follow through properly.

Why did you post a meaningless link with the image taken from the wrong
angle?

If the horn was not so unpleasant, the administrators that defined
the 90dbA standard understood physics and the pad on the steering
wheel was force sensing to allow the driver to add expression it
might be more acceptable.
What do you mean? Are you suggesting it should be louder if you
press harder?

Quieter if tapped softly.

That would just make them go unnoticed. A horn should always be as
loud as possible to inform the arsehole that he failed to drive
correctly.

Shrug. If that is what you want then press it normally.

I don't have the option to change the volume.