Old November 27th 14, 11:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Can't We All Just Get Along?

I also could be posting thousands of articles about
how bikers are ruining wilderness trails for hikers, but they all tend

to have
a sameness about them just like your list of comments.about urban

conflicts. A
scoundrel like Blackblade does not care for true life stories or

comments from
pedestrians. He prefers to put his faith in meaningless numbers. That

is because
he is a lout and does not care about how he effects others.

No, Ed, you can't post thousands of articles or even complaints; I

challenged you on this a while ago and you failed. You claimed that, in
Marin, there were thousands of reports of conflict between bikers an
hikers. Funnily enough, when it came down to it there were a small
handful.

I have got better things to do with my time than to post
thousands of media reports on how mountain bikers manage to kill themselves.
**** the whole tribe!

And, likewise, I have much better things to do than post the more than three times as many incidents describing how hikers expire.

So, let's get to a summary of the overall situation shall we ... which is that both activities are relatively safe when compared with things like rugby, skiing, football, driving, road cycling etc etc etc.

However, more pertinently, you are again attempting to change the subject. You were discussing reports of complaints about mountainbikers from hikers. I don't think you have too many of those ... so it should be easy to find them.

I'm fine with stories and comments but, unless you put them into

context, they are worthless. If one person in a thousand feels something
do they get to dictate to the other nine hundred and ninety nine ? That's
not right.

Media reports give the whole context. It is your data that is
****ed.

Fine, then address the more than three times as many media reports of hikers expiring !

I have said, repeatedly, that I will compromise precisely because

I do care about others. You, on the other hand, would happily
disenfranchise all mountainbikers ... so who is the selfish individual who
doesn't care about their effect on others. Shame on you.

Nope, shame on you for not acknowledging that irreconcilable
conflicts exist on how bikers use trails as opposed to how hikers use trails.
Hikers are unable to use trails which bikers are using.

Not true ... and I've given you many examples where trails are being shared quite amicably.

I ask you, who is being
selfish? We cannot share what can't be shared.

If it can't be shared why is it working fine in so many locations Ed ?

I charge you with being a
criminal aggressor. You and your ilk are destroying what has been a haven for
sensitive souls seeking a haven from the the ills of civilization. Walking a
trail is good for the soul, something you apparently know nothing
about.

Well, it clearly hasn't done much for improving your soul.