Old April 27th 18, 10:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tanguy Ortolo

Default Dry lube?

Tanguy Ortolo, 2018-04-26 10:46+0200:
Great, I have to try this! With some adaptation to enhance the wife
acceptance factor, because I expect some trouble if I use a kitchen pot
for such a mechanic work. :-D

In fact, I think I will use a glass jar initially meant for jam, both as
a double boiler and to store afterwards. The glass will make the melting
slower of course, but it will resist the heat and it has a lid.

I am already using a jar full of white gas to clean the chain, so that
would just be another jar with a different label.

Now I wonder, after I have done my mixture and deep-waxed the chain, I
could add some solvent to keep that liquid, and use that later to
lubricate the chain without removing it, could I not? Once applied, can
I expect the solvent to evaporate, leaving only the paraffin wax and oil
mixture? I will try that on something else anyway, preparing a small
amount of that and leaving it on something metallic to see the result
after a couple of hours.

--
Tanguy