Old April 3rd 19, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default The British cities where it is now faster to CYCLE than drive

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 10:16:16 PM UTC+1, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

It might have become "normal" for some people to commute daft distances;
that's another part of the problem.

When I worked at BP I had the longest commute in our lab at 12 miles and was the only one who cycled in. One evening, I got a lift home and it took me 15 minutes longer than my bike ride home and I was told by my driver that this was "normal".

My bike ride took 25-35 minutes depending on the wind (never traffic) and by car, it could be over an hour in the evening.