Old May 17th 17, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default MTB low pressure and pinch flats

On Wed, 17 May 2017 16:36:18 +1000, James
wrote:

I thought this might be interesting to some people, enough for them to
pass comment.

Perhaps not, or it got lost in the noise about 14 year old record and
Shimano Headsets?

On 15/05/17 13:19, James wrote:
http://www.mtbiking.com.au/news/banger-anti-flat-system

Looks like the black foam lagging a plumber might use when installing
hot water pipes.

No I read it :-) And, yes it looks like insulation lagging used on
air-con systems. Maybe it is :-)

They have made an anti flat foam for years that you can inject into
tires and I always thought that might be a way to avoid flats, if that
worried one. They also make some sort of stuff I believe that they
call "slime" that you inject into the inner tube that is supposed to
plug leaks.

(or just carry spare tubes :-)

--
Cheers,