Old September 11th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

Default Tire-making, episode {I-lost-track} --- making inner-tubes

On Sep 11, 8:59*am, DougC wrote:
I'm still going on the tire-making thing. Work has been at a casual pace
since there were problems I had to figure out ways around.

* --------

Lately I've been looking around for a source of liquid butyl rubber that
solidifies at room temp. Local hardware stores carry butyl caulk and
tape, but that wouldn't work. The only source I've found in fairly-small
amounts is sealant used for industrial construction, in sealing roofs
and concrete.

I have found sources of other various kinds of rubber but I need to use
butyl rubber, as it is less-permeable than latex and also because
conventional patching kits would need to adhere to it. Is there any
other common sources about?

~

sorry I can't help you with that, but thanks for the update on your
"project" ( I am tempted to say folly ) as I was only reciently
recalling your posted intentions and was wondering how things were
fairing. have you tried some industrial souces ? they might be
intrigued enough to provide a lot of help (I know I would be).