Old September 25th 11, 07:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Is this a good deal?

On 25/09/2011 1:36 PM, Steve Ball wrote:
Alan Erskine:

On 24/09/2011 4:22 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
Fellow offered me a brand new (well, it looked brand new) full carbon
frame + carbon forks + stem for $700?

No brand name and I was only able to look from about 4-5m away.

I'd call the cops if I were offered something like that for such a low
price.

http://tinyurl.com/6y5fgk8

Work out what you're paying for the frame.

That's the thing. I tried to do a pricing of what, such a complete road
bike would cost me when I bolt on all the missing bits thereby giving an
idea whether the frame was a good deal or not. I got all confused becos
of the various component prices.

For example, I can find el cheapo complete wheels for $200 or decent
ones for $800 or funky carbon ones for $4000!!

Similarly, the gear set pricings are just as confusing

I guess it is what I can afford to put on such a frame, eh?