Old October 30th 17, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Innertube Stems

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 2:51:32 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 5:33:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Also when I looked up the price of these tubes in England they certainly
were cheaper. However, with shipping included they were quite a bit
cheaper from Wisconsin. One European source had $7.50 per tube plus
$11.98 shipping apiece.

Wisconsin was $32 for four plus free shipping.

Wow. I will refrain from talking about your stupidity, but...

Here is a link to Michelin smooth stem tubes sold by Merlin Cycles in England.

https://www.merlincycles.com/bike-in...brand=michelin

The 80mm stem tubes are $4.58 each.

And here is Merlin's shipping costs. https://www.merlincycles.com/shipping.html

"United States:Free shipping on most goods over $66.50. Under $66.50 costs from $6.65"

Order 15 tubes and its free shipping. Or order 4 tubes and $50 of other
bicycle parts and its free shipping.

In Canada the issue with buying from Europe isn’t usually the shipping.
It’s the duty. I find as long as the order is under 100 bucks Canadian
there usually isn’t any tax but over that it’s a crap shoot. I don’t know
what exactly triggers duty charges. Some time you get hit and some time
you don’t. But when you do, it can end up costing more than the savings.

Well, going through a dozen sites I couldn't find a better deal. But you can't check every possible location. Not and expect to ride your bike while the sun shines.