Old April 29th 14, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Another idiot mountain biker!

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

I see you're now trying to ape your hero Vandeman.

The obvious counter to this is that there is no 'safe' activity ... people die hiking, walking down stairs, showering and, particularly, from Cardiovascular Disease exacerbated by being unfit.

What is your point in highlighting the very rare casulaties ? I could easily post every hiking/camping fatality to refute your position but, you know what, I'm not stooping to that asinine level.

Mountain biking accidents are as numerous as the stars in the sky. Why don’t you try to post some hiking/camping fatalities and I will be able to explain each and every one of them. Why is it that you can‘t explain any of the mountain biking accidents other than as examples of sheer stupidity due to the hazards of trying to ride trails meant for hiking. I think we can all clearly see who is at the asinine level.

More idiocy for you to contemplate:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...hire-woodland/

April 27, 2014 1:40 pm
Mountain biker airlifted after fall in Staffordshire woodland

A mountain biker was airlifted to hospital after coming off his bike
in woodland in Staffordshire.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a wooded location near
Swynnerton Park, north of Stone, at 11.30am.

An ambulance, together with a paramedic officer in a rapid response
vehicle and the Midlands Air Ambulance based at Cosford attended the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "Crews responded to
an incident involving a cyclist who came off his machine on a downward slope.

"A man in his 60s was treated for facial abrasions, together with
knee, leg, arm and shoulder injuries. The patient was immobilised
with the use of a neck collar and spinal board.

"He was given pain relief by medics before being airlifted to the
University Hospital of North Staffordshire."

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great