Old May 24th 13, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Fondo

"Joy Beeson" wrote in message ...

Ferdinand Town Council members and all present
at their Tuesday night meeting learned a fondo is a
recreational bike ride (not a race) and is a common
term to cycling enthusiasts.

http://www.duboiscountyfreepress.com...eady-to-fondo/

It would appear that I am not a cycling enthusiast. Do any of you

guys qualify?

I have been around cycling for over 35 years now and I have never heard the term. A recreational bike ride is usually called just that ... a recreational bike ride! On the other hand, a bicycle tour can have multiple meanings.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

--