Old September 15th 03, 06:52 PM
John Morgan

Default PING the az super go guy

Funny you should mention this right now but last Monday I was in the local
Supergo shop here in the Phoenix area and one of the salespeople that I
recognized from past visits was getting royally chewed out by one of the
managers. I only overheard part of the scolding but in general he was
trying to explain to him that he needed to learn that the customer should

be
more than just a dollar sign to him and he needed to learn to try to be

more
customer service oriented. Now I thought this was kind of odd to hear
coming from anyone at that type of store because I have always felt that
going there was more for $ savings and understanding the trade off would

be
almost no customer service. Anyhow I was kind of glad to see that they or
someone there considers customer service important.
Just a few of my thoughts.
Rickb

Cool. I know who you're talking about. =) You're right, some of the
salespeople at my store really need replacing, since they really have no
interest in the sport and could just as well be selling used cars. They are
just collecting a paycheck. However, there are some awesome employees
there, who love and promote the sport. It is these people you need to talk
to if you expect good customer service.

It's a two-way street, however. We might have a couple sales people with
problems, but as a "bargain" store, we attract the worst kind of customers
too. If you don't believe me, just come in when we have a sale.

-John Morgan