Old September 9th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kerv

Default conditioning question

I am also using a Nordic Trak and find it a terrific cardio workout. I
am up at 5:00AM and use the Nordic for 45-55 minutes. Contrary to what
was said above, the Nordic Trak gives a great cardio workout. I think
it is terrific for general conditioning and it has helped my MUni
ability greatly.

Taking days off is more important if you are doing weight training,
where your muscles really do need a day to rest. It is less important
to take a day off between cardio workouts. Let your body tell you when
it wants a day to rest. I try to do 5-6 days each week on my Nordic.

All cardio can be boring. A lot of folks watch TV. After I lot of
practice, I can go at a fast pace and read the newspaper! No kidding.
I rip out the individual pages I want to read and place them on a music
stand at eye level. When I finish a page, I throw it on the floor and
read the next one in the stack.

when I want a change of pace (and it is light enough outside in the
early morning), I do multiple laps on my MUni around my house. The
house is built into a hill, so every lap has an uphill and a downhill.
My rough, bumpy lawn is harder to ride on than a well-ridden off-road
trail.

--
Kerv