Old September 1st 03, 03:58 PM
marika

Default Helmet Advice

(Frank Krygowski) wrote in message om...
"DDEckerslyke" wrote in message

Helmet fans say "Any fall off a bike can kill you." Non-fans say
"Same for any fall off _anything_. But bike head injuries are less
than 1% of the US totals. Falls around the home are 40%, injuries
inside cars are 50%. Don't single out cyclists."

Helmet fans say "It's not just fatalities. Helmets prevent smaller
injuries too, and you certainly don't want even a minor injury."
Non-fans say "Minor injuries, like fatalities, occur in all sorts of
activities. Again, don't single out cycling."

Helmet fans say "But over 500,000 Americans visit emergency rooms each
year due to bike crashes." Non-fans say "Over 400,000 visit ERs due
to accidents involving their beds! Big numbers prove only that
America is a big place."

There has been near my apt, a bicycle chained to a post for like a good
3 weeks. It is completely, entirely encased and swathed in duct tape.
Pedals, bars, wheels, seat, all of it. It has been sitting there
untouched for weeks and just now, it has started to get abuse - the
front wheel has been taken.

mk5000

'I'll replace them tomorrow and will place my results. I
replaced all the rams on this board and put in sockets. I wouldn't get
the video to come on I suppose if the ram was bad in any of these
sockets. Since the game play and video is the problem"--baraka